CORRECT MISTAKES


This post will be about quotations. We had to do exe.5 on page 31. The task was to match the first half of each quotation with the second half.
1. It is better to have loved and lost c) than never to have loved at all. – Lord Alfred Tennyson (1809– 1892)
2. Never explain – your friends do not need it i) and your enemies will not believe you anyway. – Elbert Hubbard (1856–1915)
3. Well done is better e) than well said. – Benjamin Franklin (1706–1790)
4. I’m President of the United States and a) I’m not going to eat any more broccoli! – George H W Bush (1924–)
5. To get back my youth I would do anything in the world h) except take exercise, get up early or be respectable. – Oscar Wilde (1854–1900)
6. Words are, of course, the most j) powerful drug known to mankind. – Rudyard Kipling (1865 - 1936)
7. We must learn to live together as brothers d) or perish together as fools. – Martin Luther King, Jr (1929–1968)
8. My one regret in life is that b) I’m not someone else. – Woody Allen (1935)
9. I never think of the future f) It comes soon enough. – Albert Einstein (1879–1955)
10. I hear and I forget. I see and I remember g) I do and I understand. – Confucius (551–479 BC)
Moreover, we had to choose couple of quotations to be able to use them in the introduction in the future speech. I liked these two:
·                   We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools. – Martin Luther King, Jr (1929–1968)
·                   Words are, of course, the most j) powerful drug known to mankind. – Rudyard Kipling (1865 - 1936)
To my mind, we should treat each other in a kind way, be respectful to each other. Also we should mind what words we use when we communicate with people because words can do anything to a person. I am not sure how I will use them, but certainly, these are my favorite. They teach us important things.
What quotations did you choose? Let me know in the comments down below!

Hey there! This time my post will be devoted to the exe.6 on page 32. We need to correct mistakes.
1.All truth passes threw three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. Arthur Schopenhauer (1788–1860)
1. All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. Arthur Schopenhauer (1788–1860)
2. He who has a “why” to live, can bare with almost any “how”. Friedrich Nietzsche (1844–1900)
2. He who has a “why” to live, can bear with almost any “how”. Friedrich Nietzsche (1844–1900)
3. Whether you think that you can, or that you can’t, you are usually write. Henry Ford (1863–1947)
3. Whether you think that you can, or that you can’t, you are usually right. Henry Ford (1863–1947)
4. Sometimes it is not enough that we do our best; we must due what is required. Sir Winston Churchill (1874–1965)
4. It is not enough that we do our best; sometimes we must do what is required. Sir Winston Churchill (1874–1965)
5. In science one tries to tell people, in such a way as to be understood by everyone, something that no one ever new before. But in poetry, it’s the exact opposite. Paul Dirac (1902–1984)
5. In science one tries to tell people, in such a way as to be understood by everyone, something that no one ever knew before. But in poetry, it’s the exact opposite. Paul Dirac (1902–1984)
6. I don’t know why we are hear, but I’m pretty sure that it is not in order to enjoy ourselves. Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889–1951)
6. I don’t know why we are here, but I’m pretty sure that it is not in order to enjoy ourselves. Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889–1951)
7. Be nice to people on your way up, because you meat them on your way down. Jimmy Durante (1893–1980)
7. Be nice to people on your way up, because you meet them on your way down. Jimmy Durante (1893–1980)
8. The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must weight till that other is ready. Henry David Thoreau (1817–1862)
8. The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready. Henry David Thoreau (1817–1862)
Besides, we have to pick up one quotation and think how we can use it in the body of our speech. I chose this:
Be nice to people on your way up, because you meet them on your way down. Jimmy Durante (1893–1980)
I think this is a very wise statement. We are all social beings that is why we interact with people every single day. We influence each other, we depend on each other. If we get along with each other very well, have friendly relationship with everyone we will live in the atmosphere of harmony and enjoy our communication. Moreover, sometimes one can get benefits from having good friends or acquaintances. But if you are not nice to the people that surround you… I have bad news for you. Eventually, you won’t be happy with the way they treat you as well. So, let’s try to be nice to people.
That is the last post for the week. Thank you for reading! Leave some comments down below, please!
Источник: Уроки ораторского мастерства: учебно-методическое пособие / С.П. Хорошилова; Мин-во образования и науки РФ, Новосиб. гос. пед. ун-т. - Новосибирск: Изд-во НГПУ, 2014. - 138с. [с. 32]

Комментарии

Популярные сообщения